Apart from being the IT Manager, I also conducted several courses and actively participated in different strategic committees and projects development for students. I taught System Analysis & Design, Selected Topics in CIS, Software Engineering, Information Technology in Business, Business Data Communication, Unix, Multimedia, Introduction to Computers, PC Applications, Programming 1 & 11, Visual Basic, Database Management Systems, Database Design and Implementations, E-Commerce, selected topics in Programming languages to BSC Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology and Business Administration students.
IT MANAGER TECHNOSPHERE RESEARCH CENTER OF AJMAN UNIVERSITY, UAE:
Aug 1999 – Jul 2004
As a faculty member in IT College I have conducted several IT & Business courses. I was an active member of several committees including Curriculum Development, Student advisory Committee and university ICT Committee. I actively participated in several conferences as a guest speaker and have conducted Several training courses for University staff, students and for different public and private sector organizations. As an academic advisor I also supervised more than 200 University students of different nationalities for their Graduation projects and Academic Plans.
Courses Taught: System Analysis & Design, eCommerce, Programming Languages, PC Applications, Business Data Communications, IT In Business, Multimedia, Selected Topics in CIS, Software Engineering, Network Administration, Database Design & Implementations, Microsoft .Net Framework, and UNIX.
1)Steered the institution towards profitability, established infrastructure for IT projects and estimated client requirements for software solutions.
2)Supervised university’s internal and external information system projects in addition to system analysis, design and work flow development.
3)Managed a team of developers, designers, and architects and led business development initiatives for the IT license for the centre.
Key Projects Delivered:
1) Implementation of University ERP and Student Registration System
2) Software Development for 4 x 4 Motors, Dubai, UAE
3) Production Management Software for Galvanizing Services Co. Dubai ,UAE
4) Production Management and Accounts Software for Block Factory Dubai, UAE
5) Development and Implementation of AUST Network Main Portal
6) Implementation of Online Learning System (Blackboard)
7) Implementation of the Learning Manager (TLM) for Curriculum Development
8) Development of Alumni Association Portal
9) Implementation of University Library Management System
AL AIN UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
Nov 2013 – Present
Responsibilities as an External Board Member for College of Business Administration.
1) Improving coordination between two campuses to enhance operational effectiveness
2) Program outcomes assessment as per ministry of higher education guidelines
3) Quality enhancement on intended learning outcomes as per the university regulations
4) Reviewing and advising on AACSB accreditation program
5) Setting up an industry engagement program for CBA students
6) Advising on Faculty and non-faculty members recruitment,promotion and evaluation
7) Advising on how to adopt innovative technologies for better stakeholders online collaboration
8) Advising how to improve research strategy and get funding from public and private sectors
I was responsible for advising around 100 male and female computer information system students as an Academic Advisor to resolve their academic issues.
Project Supervision: During my stay at university, I supervised more than 30 male and female students to complete their real time graduation projects on the hot topics like e-commerce, CRM, SCM, e-Learning by using latest web development tools like .net, and analysis tools like rational rose.
Trainings from University Training Center: I have proposed and conducted different trainings for Computer Science, Engineering and Information system students in order to prepare them for the current job requirement in the market. I have trained more than 400 male and female graduates for the above-mentioned trainings. Below is the list of training courses I conducted:
1) Software Development by using Microsoft .Net Framework
2) Trainings on Oracle Programming
3) Object Oriented Analysis and Design by using UML
4) Certified Internet Web Master and Designer
5) Extramural Training: I have also conducted Trainings for different Government and Private organizations like Ajman Court, Ajman Police and Jameet al-Moumeneen from the platform of Ajman University to different web developers, system analysts, business managers and system designers.
Dec ’07 – Aug ‘08: Visiting Professor, Manipal University, Dubai Academic City, UAE
At MAHE Manipal Dubai Campus, respect and fellowship are what bind the over 1600 students representing a wide range of cultures, backgrounds and nationalities. I have conducted the following courses to Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs:
1) Electronic Commerce
2) Enterprise Project Management
3) Internet Information Systems (IIS)
Oct ’03 – Jun ‘05: Visiting Assistant Professor, SZABIST, Dubai Campus, UAE
SZABIST is ranked among the best Science and Technology and MBA schools in Asia by the CNN-Time publication Asia Week. I taught the following Courses to Post Graduate Students (MSC, MBA Marketing, MSIT, and MBA IT) at SZABIST
1) Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
2) Electronic Commerce From Managerial Perspective
3) Software Development Methodologies by using UML (Unified Modeling Language)
Sep ’02 – Jun ’05 Visiting Assistant Professor, Preston University, UAE
Preston University imparts knowledge and skills to numerous individuals through several academic programs. I have delivered the following courses to Post Graduate Students:
1) Human Computer Interaction
2) Data warehousing
Jan ’04 – Jan -05: Visiting Assistant Professor, Ittihad University, RAK, UAE
Ittihad University is an academic institution concerned with higher education and research in the various fields of social and scientific sciences. I have taught the following courses to Undergraduate students:
1) Information Management Systems
2) Advanced IS (Knowledge Management)
199-2005 Visiting Assistant Professor, University of Greenwich – Off Campus, Sharjah UAE
I have delivered the following courses to Undergraduate Students:
1) Software Development by using Visual programming Tools.
2) Mobile Computing
1998- Visiting Lecturer, California Institute Lahore, Pakistan
Taught Software Engineering to Post Graduate Students.